Disabling direct HTTP access to certain folders on server

Vikas

Hi
I am using .Net Framework 1.1. There are some XSL files in a folder of my
web application. I want to restrict a user from directly accessing these
files - e.g. I want to display a forbidden page when he types the URL
http://Myserver.com/MyApp/XMLFolder/pqr.xsl

However the ASP.Net application should be able to access these files i.e. it
should be able to apply the XSL Stylesheets to the corresponding XML files.
It would be a great help if someone could let me know how to do the same
Thanks
Vikas

Vikas

Hi Dominick
I tried that - but the problem is that this prevents the xsl file being
applied to the corresponding xml file.
Actually, let me clarify. There is a static aspx page, which contains an
iframe that hosts the xml. The xsl is applied to this xml.
If I apply an HttpForbiddenHandler to xsl files, the stylesheet doesnt get
applied at all and the frame displays "Cannot view XML input using XSL style
sheet".
Thanks in advance.
Vikas

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

well - if you need to access the .xsl from "outside" the web server this
won't help you.