display fields in excel based on user role or id

Guest

Hi All,

Here is the scenario. I need a solution/suggestion how to work around this
problem.
My application has users with different roles. When they click on a button
"Download Spreadsheet" in aspx page, they should be able to download a
spreadsheet with necessary columns. Based on the role the spreadsheet has to
have the necessary fields. Then they save this spreadsheet on to the local
drive and update with the info.

My questions is how to get this task done? Any kind of suggestion is
appreciated.

Let me know if anyone needs more info.

Thanks,

Guest

Mark Rae said:
First question, I suppose: (why) does it have to be Excel...?

I don't understand if I am answering your question or not......It has to be
excel because its easy for non technical users to update info easily and lot
of them have the systems in place to work with excel.

But this is what we do. ....................

The user after updating the information, need to send us the information
back to us. We upload this info to our database. The data they update in the
excel is very important for us to analyze, evaluate.....

Regards..........
PR

Mark Rae

I don't understand if I am answering your question or not......It has to
be
excel because its easy for non technical users to update info easily and
lot
of them have the systems in place to work with excel.

But this is what we do. ....................

The user after updating the information, need to send us the information
back to us. We upload this info to our database. The data they update in
the
excel is very important for us to analyze, evaluate.....

Er, yes, but that's the whole point! If the user simply filled in the data
directly on your website, maybe through some sort of grid, then there would
be no need for Excel at all...

You want to store data from your users in a database and then analyse it -
why do you need to use Excel for this...???