Forms Authentication / Role based security

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by djhexx@gmail.com, Aug 9, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Is it possible to do role based security using AD groups in
    conjunction with Forms authentication? If so, how? I've seen people
    talk about using AzMan to solve this problem...but is there an easier
    way?

    Right now we have a site that uses Windows authentication and role
    based security to lock down folders. When the user logs in, the Menu
    control hides nodes the user doesn't have access to. When I turn on
    forms authentication I get this error:

    Method is only supported if the user name parameter matches the user
    name in the current Windows Identity

    Here is part of the web.config:

    <authentication mode="Forms">
    <forms loginUrl="login.aspx" name="intranet" timeout="90"
    slidingExpiration="false" />
    </authentication>

    <authorization>
    <allow roles= AN OU />
    <deny users="*"/>
    </authorization>

    <membership
    defaultProvider="AspNetActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider">
    <providers>

    <add
    connectionProtection="Secure"
    name="AspNetActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider"
    connectionStringName="ADConnectionString"
    connectionUsername= A USER NAME
    connectionPassword= A PASSWORD
    attributeMapUsername="sAMAccountName"
    type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider,
    System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken= A PUBLIC KEY TOKEN/>
    </providers>
    </membership>

    <roleManager enabled="true"
    defaultProvider="AspNetWindowsTokenRoleProvider"/>

    , Aug 9, 2007

    Anyone?

    , Aug 10, 2007