Cannot get AspNetActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider working !!!

Guest

Hi All,
I'm not able to get "AspNetActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider" working with
Forms Authentication.The ASP.net configuration tool is throwing an exception
when i try to creat a user.It works fine when i use SqlProvider.
I'm not even sure if the cause is something to do with ADAM instance
installation.
I have googled a lot & tried many different configuration settings ,but in
vain.
Can anyone please tell me if i'm missing something..

Below.I'm pasting my web.config for your reference..:

<connectionStrings>
<add name="ADService"
connectionString="LDAP://localhost:50000/OU=Users,O=TestDirectory"/>
</connectionStrings>

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms name=".ADAuthCookie" loginUrl="login.aspx"/>
</authentication>
<authorization>
<deny users="?"/>
</authorization>
<membership defaultProvider="AspNetActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider">
<providers>
<clear/>
<add name="AspNetActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider,
System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
connectionStringName="ADService"
connectionUsername="CN=ADAMAdmin,OU=Users,O=TestDirectory"
connectionPassword="admin"
connectionProtection="None"
enableSearchMethods="true"/>
</providers>
</membership>

Thanks in advance,
Jayashree.

Guest

Thanks Dan.Looks like i have not installed the ADAM instance properly..I will
retry & also set the attributes (as mentioned in the artcle..which could
potentially be the problem in my case)...& will get back if i have any
problems...

Thanks a lot
Jayashree