    anybody to tell me the code but what is the BEST method for what im
    tryin to do and what should i go and learn. thanks

    burnsy

    mr_burns, Jul 15, 2004

  2. mr_burns wrote:

    > i have found an xml source intended for supplying news titles to web
    > sites. the url is:
    >
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_uk_edition/technology/rss091.xml
    >
    > i would like to use the data contained within xml page and place it on
    > a html page.
    >
    > unfortunately, i havent used a great deal of xml and dont know how to
    > place this in a web page. some of the things i have used are the
    > 'unofficial' xml tag and xsl, but to no great extent. i have read that
    > you can use javascript to place xml data on a web page. im not asking
    > anybody to tell me the code but what is the BEST method for what im
    > tryin to do and what should i go and learn.

    Check what server-side scripting/programming your hoster provides (e.g.
    PHP or ASP or Perl or JSP or something else), then learn how to parse
    XML with the provided language and choose a technique of your choice
    (perhaps XSLT) to transform the XML to the HTML of your choice.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/

    Martin Honnen, Jul 15, 2004