Distributed Hardware Evolution Project

Michael Garvie

Hi everyone, I would like to announce two things:
On one hand. A new project has been started recently which allows the
distribution of a genetic algorithm evolving hardware designs across the

Internet by setting up an island on each clients' PC which will evolve
during idle time. Individuals from these islands will migrate between
each other as they compete for survival. Read more about it at:
http://www.cogs.sussex.ac.uk/users/mmg20/contrcpu.htm

On the other hand, the source code is available and is generalizable to
any GA or distributed processing task. This is a client server
architecture where all the 30Kilobyte client knows is where the server
is and how often to connect to it. You can find the source at:
http://www.cogs.sussex.ac.uk/users/mmg20/academic.htm#javasoft.

Regards,
Miguel Garvie