VS in the distutils documentation. Does anyone know how to get around
this error?

Thanks Joey

logistix at cathoderaymission.net

I have tried to run setup from source for PyOpenGL and PIL and on both
I get this error

"error: Python was built with version 6 of Visual Studio, and
extensions need to be built with the same version of the compiler, but
it isn't installed."

I definitely have VS6 installed. I can't figure out were in the code
this error is getting generated and it doesn't mention anything about
VS in the distutils documentation. Does anyone know how to get around
this error?

Thanks Joey

Make sure you've actually run the Visual Studio GUI at least once to
get the proper registry entries. This was just brought up as bug
#810263 on sourceforge.

Also make sure you've run the vcvars32.bat file under VC++'s bin entry
to setup the environment for commandline usage.