    I apologize for missing something obvious here, but I am stuck.

    Thanks in advance for your feedback.

    -- jv

    j vickroy, Nov 5, 2009

  2. En Thu, 05 Nov 2009 16:15:06 -0300, j vickroy <>
    escribió:

    > I have just upgraded from Python 2.5 to 2.6 and am unable to locate any
    > trace of the --install-script option, in release 2.6.4 (MS Windows XP),
    > for distutils.core.setup. I also have been unable to locate any mention
    > of it on-line.

    Do you mean this option?
    http://docs.python.org/distutils/builtdist.html#the-postinstallation-script
    Probably the distutils SIG is a better place to ask:
    http://www.python.org/community/sigs/current/distutils-sig/

    --
    Gabriel Genellina

    Gabriel Genellina, Nov 6, 2009

  3. j vickroy

    j vickroy Guest

    Gabriel Genellina wrote:
    > En Thu, 05 Nov 2009 16:15:06 -0300, j vickroy <>
    > escribió:
    >
    >> I have just upgraded from Python 2.5 to 2.6 and am unable to locate
    >> any trace of the --install-script option, in release 2.6.4 (MS Windows
    >> XP), for distutils.core.setup. I also have been unable to locate any
    >> mention of it on-line.

    > Do you mean this option?
    > http://docs.python.org/distutils/builtdist.html#the-postinstallation-script

    .... actually, I really do mean the --install-script option

    > Probably the distutils SIG is a better place to ask:
    > http://www.python.org/community/sigs/current/distutils-sig/

    Thanks for the tip, I'll give that a try.

    j vickroy, Nov 6, 2009
  4. j vickroy

    j vickroy Guest

    j vickroy, Nov 6, 2009
  5. j vickroy

    j vickroy Guest

    j vickroy wrote:
    > Gabriel Genellina wrote:
    >> En Thu, 05 Nov 2009 16:15:06 -0300, j vickroy <>
    >> escribió:
    >>
    >>> I have just upgraded from Python 2.5 to 2.6 and am unable to locate
    >>> any trace of the --install-script option, in release 2.6.4 (MS
    >>> Windows XP), for distutils.core.setup. I also have been unable to
    >>> locate any mention of it on-line.

    >> Do you mean this option?
    >> http://docs.python.org/distutils/builtdist.html#the-postinstallation-script
    >>

    > ... actually, I really do mean the --install-script option

    Oh my, you are exactly right. That is it. That is what happens when I
    work at 3:00 AM.

    What I did not communicate clearly in my initial posting is that
    --install-script does not seem to be accepted in 2.6.4 and I could find
    no mention of that being the case on-line. Nor could I find this option
    in the 2.6.4 distutils source code of my Python installation.

    j vickroy, Nov 6, 2009
  6. j vickroy

    j vickroy Guest

    j vickroy, Nov 6, 2009