distutils.core.setup --install-script option in Python 2.6 ?

j vickroy

Hello,

I have just upgraded from Python 2.5 to 2.6 and am unable to locate any
trace of the --install-script option, in release 2.6.4 (MS Windows XP),
for distutils.core.setup. I also have been unable to locate any mention
of it on-line.

My v2.5 setup.py scripts are failing with the falling error:

error: option --install-script not recognized

I apologize for missing something obvious here, but I am stuck.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

-- jv

Gabriel Genellina

j vickroy

j said:
... actually, I really do mean the --install-script option
Oh my, you are exactly right. That is it. That is what happens when I
work at 3:00 AM.

What I did not communicate clearly in my initial posting is that
--install-script does not seem to be accepted in 2.6.4 and I could find
no mention of that being the case on-line. Nor could I find this option
in the 2.6.4 distutils source code of my Python installation.

j vickroy