Distutils directory questions

Discussion in 'Python' started by Edward K. Ream, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. My manifest.in file works if I have entries of the form:

    include subdirectory/file

    However, I haven't been able to get any of the following to work:

    include ../subdirectory/file
    include <full path>/file
    recursive-include ../subdirectory/file
    recursive-include <full path>/file

    The patterns are glob patterns: does this include .. as well and other path
    delims?

    As a result, I've had to put setup.py, manifest.in, etc in a directory that
    includes all my subdirectories. I would really rather run setup.py from a
    subdirectory.

    Any suggestions?

    Edward
    Edward K. Ream email: