distutils - setup - lib problem

rocksportrocker

Hi,

I've got some problems with the following setup.py file.
using "python setup.py install -f" it shows that wrap_ica.so is copied
to /usr and not to ..../site-packages as I assumed.
What am I doing wrong ? I'm using Python 2.4 on Debian Linux.

from distutils.core import setup
import glob

setup(name='py_ica',
py_modules=['py_ica'],
data_files=[(".", ["wrap_ica.so"]),
]

      )

Try the distutils group. They'd probably be a little more helpful:

Mike