distutils setup.py

Discussion in 'Python' started by Saketh, Aug 7, 2006.

  1. Saketh

    Saketh Guest

    I'm having trouble getting the data_files argument of my setup.py to
    work with "python setup.py sdist" under Windows XP. Here is the
    data_files argument that I pass to setup().

    data_files = [\
    ('res','app.ico'),
    ('', 'preferences.xml'),
    ('res', glob.glob(os.path.join('res','*.png')))],
    )

    My setup.py is in the same directory as "preferences.xml". I use this
    setup.py for both py2exe and sdist. When I use it for py2exe, the
    data_files are properly copied to the target directory. However, when I
    use it for sdist, none of the data_files are copied. If this were a
    directory problem, then setup.py would have failed earlier when I
    specified Application.py in the "scripts" argument.

    How can I get the data_files copied properly without having to manually
    edit the MANIFEST file?

    Thanks,
    Saketh
    Saketh, Aug 7, 2006