    http://www.mybis.net/itp/divTest.html

    thanks in advance

    , Mar 2, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > I was trying to simplify a web page by substituting some tables for
    > DIVs. Unfortunately one of my DIVs is preventing me to access text
    > fields (IE and FF) and drop-down box (only in FireFox)
    >
    > This is actually the first time I have used DIV in a input screen. Can
    > anyone advise how to craft this without the overlap problem?
    >
    > see link for a small extract that illustrates my problem:
    >
    > http://www.mybis.net/itp/divTest.html
    >
    > thanks in advance

    Firefox behavior is correct, your TABLE id "Left" is absolutely
    positioned *over* top of the DIV containing the drop-down boxes...

    Change style

    #Left
    {
    /* REMOVE THIS -> position: absolute; */
    float: left; /* <- ADD THIS */

    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 2, 2006

    Brilliant!! That did the trick

    I got the RTFM manual more often! :)

    BTW: Great artwork on Jonathan's site - especially for dog lovers!
    Check it out.

    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Bill

    , Mar 2, 2006
  4. Jonathan N. Little wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >> I was trying to simplify a web page by substituting some tables for
    >> DIVs. Unfortunately one of my DIVs is preventing me to access text
    >> fields (IE and FF) and drop-down box (only in FireFox)
    >>
    >> This is actually the first time I have used DIV in a input screen. Can
    >> anyone advise how to craft this without the overlap problem?
    >>
    >> see link for a small extract that illustrates my problem:
    >>
    >> http://www.mybis.net/itp/divTest.html
    >> thanks in advance
    >>

    > Firefox behavior is correct, your TABLE id "Left" is absolutely
    > positioned *over* top of the DIV containing the drop-down boxes...
    >
    > Change style
    >

    > #Left
    > {
    > /* REMOVE THIS -> position: absolute; */
    > float: left; /* <- ADD THIS */

    Nope I was wrong, "Left" was not the culprit (directly), but in my
    defense your markup is a real mess. The problem is TABLE id
    "v14-body-table" with a width of 1361! Even though is a child of DIV
    "Left" which is defined as 100px, the overflow of the table is 'masking'
    the top of your form. You have a mish mosh of CSS and HTML attribute
    that conflict. And empty tables up the wazoo!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan

    Jonathan N. Little, Mar 2, 2006