dll config and web.config and Label Expressions (binding label text to dll config settings)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by CSharpner, Apr 9, 2007.

  1. CSharpner

    CSharpner Guest

    How can I do the following?:

    Have a label on a form have its Text property bound to a setting from
    one of my DLL library's config files?

    I've followed these instructions to successfully get the DLL settings
    into the web.config:

    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...config dll properties&rnum=1#e34b1675db9b4486

    Given the instructions above, I can now get my dll config settings
    into my web.config file. But the problem I have now is that I still
    can't take a label, and bind its Text property to anything from the
    DLL config's settings. The expressions dialog can only see
    "AppSettings", "ConnectionStrings", and "resources". My DLL settings
    are in the "applicationSettings" section, which isn't exposed to the
    Expressions dialog.

    Is there a way to bind a Label's Text property directly to one of the
    dll config settings without code, like the way it's done to bind the
    Text property to a web.config file's appSettings entry?

    TIA

    CSharpner, Apr 9, 2007