    save as lib for linux use?
    Thanks
    Michael

    mickCyber, Apr 6, 2010

  2. mickCyber

    Guest

    On Apr 6, 2:46 am, mickCyber <> wrote:
    > Hi
    > I wonder how it comes that in FSX lots of dll are changed/overwritten
    > etc. ( I had an aircraft broken because another plane has overwritten a
    > dll with a older version )
    > Is it easy to change a dll? How would I read in a dll to make changes or
    > save as lib for linux use?
    > Thanks
    > Michael

    dlls are just shared libraries on the Windows platform. If the
    interface to the public functions do not change, then the underlying
    shared object file can be changed (i.e. overwriteen) and programs
    using the library should work.

    The same statement holds for shared object files on other platforms
    (e.g. *unix) which are typically suffixed with a .so.

    Making changes to a shared object usually implies changing source code
    and recompiling on the target platform. A dll shared object compiled
    on Windonws will not work on linux and vice versa.

    HTH

    , Apr 6, 2010