dll

mickCyber

Hi
I wonder how it comes that in FSX lots of dll are changed/overwritten
etc. ( I had an aircraft broken because another plane has overwritten a
dll with a older version )
Is it easy to change a dll? How would I read in a dll to make changes or
save as lib for linux use?
Thanks
Michael

AnonMail2005

Hi
I wonder how it comes that in FSX lots of dll are changed/overwritten
etc. ( I had an aircraft broken because another plane has overwritten a
dll with a older version )
Is it easy to change a dll? How would I read in a dll to make changes or
save as lib for linux use?
Thanks
Michael

dlls are just shared libraries on the Windows platform. If the
interface to the public functions do not change, then the underlying
shared object file can be changed (i.e. overwriteen) and programs
using the library should work.

The same statement holds for shared object files on other platforms
(e.g. *unix) which are typically suffixed with a .so.

Making changes to a shared object usually implies changing source code
and recompiling on the target platform. A dll shared object compiled
on Windonws will not work on linux and vice versa.

HTH