DLLHOST.EXE shutdown not working!

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by StephenMcC, Jun 21, 2005.

  1. StephenMcC

    StephenMcC Guest

    Hi All,

    I have an IIS app running in high isolation, although the dllhost.exe COM+
    process isn't shutting down & accumulated memory released. I've tried to set
    the 'Server Process Shutdown' on the server package in COM+ in an attempt to
    shut-down the process when idle for more than 3 mins (the default), but this
    ain't happening.

    I've read that this may be because IIS is caching the TypeLibs so I tried
    setting the AspEnabletypelibCache flag to try stop IIS doing this, if indeed
    it was, but the process still doesn't shut down.

    Is there another way to get the process to shutdown (I thinkin this must be
    happening because references to various dll's aren't being released in the
    code), I would hope there to be a way to tell IIS/COM+ to shut-down the
    process anyway. I don't want to have to run a script to keep unloading the
    process.

    As always any ideas/comments welcome!

    Stephen.

    StephenMcC, Jun 21, 2005