DNS query

srdjan

How to query (lookup) a DNS server using Java? When I say 'query' I mean
'name resolving'. I'm interested only in solutions that do not use the
"IP*works" set of components. Also, how can I find out (thru code) what is
the default DNS server for my computer, and at which port can I query him
(it is not always 53 as far as I know)?

Thanks.

srdjan

Michael Borgwardt

srdjan said:
How to query (lookup) a DNS server using Java? When I say 'query' I mean
'name resolving'.
java.net.InetAddress.getByName()

I'm interested only in solutions that do not use the
"IP*works" set of components. Also, how can I find out (thru code) what is
the default DNS server for my computer, and at which port can I query him
(it is not always 53 as far as I know)?

I don't think that can be done in pure Java.