Do I need both ?

sl@my-rialto

if I have "netbeans-6.7.1-ml-java-windows.exe", do I still need
"jdk-6u4-windows-i586-p.exe" ?

Confused. Thanks.

Lew

sl@my-rialto wrote ...
You shouldn't need both as the former includes the Java JDK. However,
it may be worth noting that the latest NetBeans release is 6.8 and for
the JDK it is 6u18. If you haven't already installed either NetBeans or
the JDK I'd download the separate NetBeans 6.8 installer (no JDK) and
the latest JDK installer unless the combined NetBeans installer now
includes 6u18 (haven't checked).

Just to emphasize what Qu0ll wrote, minor-version upgrades such as from Java
6u4 to 6u18, represent bug fixes and security upgrades. You really, really
want to keep up with those. Especially in the case of Java 6, where there's a
feature discontinuity at 6u10 (so-called "Java N").