Do I open a http connection then close it without waiting for reply?

Public Interest

Both Net:Http and Lwp:UserAgent require some kind of check before deciding
if the connection is needed to be closed, such as based on header or
length...

What I need is something like I open a connection to a site requesting a
page, then close it without getting any info from the site. The server will
see an incoming connection but then it sees it droped. From the client, it
minimalize the traffics. I am looking at Net::Cmd, but I can not find any
useful info.

By the way, I am not doing a DOS. I am doing such to make test how yahoo is
reacting to traffics. One of my research project is: Is Yahoo Finance
selling who is checking which stock to big funds to let them know the retail
interests on certain stocks? To me, yahoo is a blackbox, and I need put my
input in and see what output will come. Hope police will not knock my door
and think I am doing a DOS.