    several different formats. What are some of the recommendations for or
    against using DocBook XML over a regular XML Document?

    Thanks.

    Cougarkhan, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Cougarkhan <> writes:
    > I'm working on some reports, which need will need to be formatted in
    > several different formats. What are some of the recommendations for or
    > against using DocBook XML over a regular XML Document?

    There's no such thing as "regular XML."

    If you have a particular DTD or schema in mind as an alternative to
    DocBook, then name it.

    If you haven't, then either:

    a) You're making up your own, in which case it is "your custom
    Schema," and not a "regular XML document," or

    b) You're totally lost, and DocBook, being something reasonably
    concrete, should certainly be your choice to bring order out of
    chaos.
    --
    wm(X,Y):-write(X),write('@'),write(Y). wm('aa454','freenet.carleton.ca').
    http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/docbook.html