    up wrong SGML_CATALOG_FILES.

    Please show me your SGML_CATALOG_FILES, and other environment variables,
    and the command to run OpenJade, if you can solve this problem.

    Jacky, Jun 4, 2004

  2. Jacky

    Keith Davies Guest

    On 2004-06-04, Jacky <> wrote:
    > On Windows 2000, with OpenJade 1.3.1, and the DocBook sgml/XML DTD 4.2 from
    > sourceforge.
    >
    > I can use OpenJade 1.3.1 to generate an rtf document from a DocBook sgml
    > document. But it failed from a DocBook XML document.
    >
    > onsgmls works for both sgml and XML documents. Hence, I think maybe I set
    > up wrong SGML_CATALOG_FILES.
    >
    > Please show me your SGML_CATALOG_FILES, and other environment variables,
    > and the command to run OpenJade, if you can solve this problem.

    You don't provide the actual error messages, so this is a bit of
    guesswork, but this is a common problem.

    (Open)Jade's default SGML declaration allows and expects certain
    formatting rules that are not allowed in XML. You have to apply a
    declaration that will cause it to accept only well-formed XML.

    Look for a file called 'xml.dcl' in your SGMLHOME. Add it to the
    invocation of openjade. I've got a Makefile with an instruction:

    jade $(WARN) $(RTF) -o $*.html $(DCL) $*.xml

    where $(WARN) contains any warning flags I want turned on or off,
    $(RTF) provides RTF-specific arguments (the DSSSL file to use) and
    $(DCL) contains the fully-qualified path to xml.dcl
    (/usr/share/sgml/xml.dcl, in my case).

    So, do something like:

    d:> openjade -d dbk2html.dsl -t rtf-95 /usr/share/sgml/xml.dcl doc.xml

    making replacements as appropriate, and you should end up with an RTF
    file 'doc.rtf'.

    Keith

    Keith Davies, Jun 9, 2004

  3. Jacky

    Saqib Ali Guest

    > Please show me your SGML_CATALOG_FILES, and other environment variables,
    > and the command to run OpenJade, if you can solve this problem.

    export SGML_CATALOG_FILES=/usr/local/dbtools/openjade/dsssl/catalog:/usr/local/dbtools/dtd4.1.2/docbook.cat:/usr/local/dbtools/docbook-dsssl/catalog

    In Peace,
    Saqib Ali
    http://validate.sf.net Online DocBook XML Validator and Transformer

    Saqib Ali, Jun 10, 2004