Documentation and Training Vancouver - The User Experience - April 18-21, 2007

Scott Abel

The 8th Annual Documentation and Training Conference held for the first
time on the west coast in beautiful downtown Vancouver, BC. This year,
we focus on the increasing importance of the user experience in our
work as technical communication and training professionals.
Specifically, we focus our energies on the new tools and emerging
technologies that are changing customer expectations including:
structured blogging, wikis, user-generated content, podcasting, hosted
content management, YouTube, AJAX, Flex, the Semantic Web, DITA,
S1000D, experience design, information architecture, and XML
syndication. Each of these hot topics are creating new career
opportunities for technical communicators and changing the expectations
of the users we serve.

The workshops, presentations, and roundtable discussions we have lined
up for you are lead by the best and brightest practitioners in our
industry. Each presenter has committed to providing you with a
top-notch educational experience loaded with practical information that
you can use when you return to work.

Registration price includes FREE pre- and post-conference half-day
workshops (Adobe Captivate, the Darwin Information Typing Architecture,
Information Architecture, Taxonomy Development, and Managing and
Delivering Dynamic, Personalized Content).

Whether you can attend the entire show or not, you'll want to stop by
our Technology Showcase -- it's free (thanks to the folks at Adobe
Systems and Astoria Software). Our Technology Showcase is a one-stop
shop for anyone looking for new software tools or services. Software
vendors and service providers will be on hand to demonstrate their
tools and tout their latest service offerings. And, of course, there's
free food (and later in the day -- cocktails and music!)

Our keynote speaker, angel investor and structured content guru Salim
Ismail, rounds out the event. He will deliver an exciting and
thought-provoking message about the future of the XML publish/subscribe
model of content delivery and its impact on the way we work today and
in the near future. Some of the many featured STC speakers include: Ann
Rockley, Bernard Aschwanden, Neil Perlin, Rahel Bailie, Thom Haller,
Char James-Tanny, Kit Brown, and Tom Johnson.

Check out the schedule: http://www.doctrain.com

Questions? Contact Scott Abel at 317-466-1840 or via email
(e-mail address removed).

Hope to see you there!

Scott Abel
The Content Wrangler, Inc.
6178 Crittenden Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46220 USA
+1 317-466-1840
skype: abelsp
email: (e-mail address removed)
web: www.thecontentwrangler.com

DOCUMENTATION & TRAINING: THE USER EXPERIENCE
APR 18-21, 2007 ~ Vancouver BC
Learn more: http://www.doctrain.com