    Anyone?

    Regards, Abe

    ------=_NextPart_000_00B8_01C4D7A4.4744DC00--

    Abraham Vionas, Dec 1, 2004

  2. Abraham Vionas

    Scott Barron Guest

    On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 04:50:08 +0900, Abraham Vionas
    <> wrote:
    > I'm considering giving their native AMD64 version of Solaris 10 a go-round,
    > but before I go through the hassle to install it I wanted to see if anyone
    > else out there has any positive or negative experiences with Solaris.
    > Anyone?
    >
    > Regards, Abe

    Hey Abe,

    I write Rails based apps at my place of employment and they are
    deployed on Solaris 9. I develop on OS X (mmm iBook, crunchy), have
    an intermediary test environment on NetBSD, and finally we deploy to
    the sun box. I haven't run into a single hitch going from one system
    to the other and have not had to modify my applications in any way to
    get them to run. We don't have any Solaris 10 setup, but I can't
    imagine why it'd give you any trouble.

    -Scott

    Scott Barron, Dec 2, 2004

  3. Abraham Vionas

    Mark Probert Guest

    Hi ..

    "Abraham Vionas" <> wrote:
    > I'm considering giving their native AMD64 version of Solaris 10 a
    > go-round, but before I go through the hassle to install it I wanted to
    > see if anyone else out there has any positive or negative experiences
    > with Solaris. Anyone?

    I use IOWA, under Webrick, rather than Rails under Solaris 7 - 9 and I
    haven't had any problems at all. Webrick performance is excellent, though
    I will say that more memory is better. Running on a Sunfire 880 with 4Gb
    of memory really makes Ruby and the webserver fly ;-). Certainly a touch
    quicker than my development Ultra 10.

    -mark.

    Mark Probert, Dec 2, 2004