Ruby on Rails mailing list?

Chris Irish

--------------090600070709040707020708

Could someone tell me if (e-mail address removed)
<mailto:[email protected]> is the "main" list for rails? Or
if there is another one?

Thanks,
Chris

--------------090600070709040707020708--

Jeff Wood

------=_Part_23117_2873294.1134079974540

I would expect that all of that information is available to you from the
rubyonrails.org website...

j.

--
"Remember. Understand. Believe. Yield! -> http://ruby-lang.org"

Jeff Wood

------=_Part_23117_2873294.1134079974540--

Chris Irish

--------------090208090908080104050402

Yeah thats where I got that one.... I was just curious if anyone knew of
any anothers

Jeff said:
I would expect that all of that information is available to you from the
rubyonrails.org website...

j.

--------------090208090908080104050402--

Ezra Zygmuntowicz

Yeah thats where I got that one.... I was just curious if anyone
knew of any anothers

No that is the only rails mailing list per say. there are some other
forums and such out there. Sitepoint.com has a ruby forum[1]. And
there is an online forum version of the ruby-talk and the rails
mailing lists here[2]. But the rails list you mentioned is the only
mailing list I know of and it has tons of traffic as well.

Cheers-

-Ezra Zygmuntowicz
Yakima Herald-Republic
WebMaster
http://yakimaherald.com
509-577-7732
(e-mail address removed)

[1]. http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=227
[2]. http://www.ruby-forum.com/

Chris Irish

Ezra said:
Yeah thats where I got that one.... I was just curious if anyone
knew of any anothers

No that is the only rails mailing list per say. there are some other
forums and such out there. Sitepoint.com has a ruby forum[1]. And
there is an online forum version of the ruby-talk and the rails
mailing lists here[2]. But the rails list you mentioned is the only
mailing list I know of and it has tons of traffic as well.

Cheers-

-Ezra Zygmuntowicz
Yakima Herald-Republic
WebMaster
http://yakimaherald.com
509-577-7732
(e-mail address removed)

[1]. http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=227
[2]. http://www.ruby-forum.com/
Thanks for the info :)

Michael Shigorin

Yeah thats where I got that one.... I was just curious if
anyone knew of any anothers

But why would people need them?

I know of the only reasonable (heh) reason to split mailing
lists: heavy traffic which can be clearly further categorized
(e.g. there's unstable users' discussion going strong, or some
particular technology emerges and corresponding threads maintain
noticeable traffic by themselves).

Then forking specialized discussions into separate lists might
help if done properly.