    Thanks,
    Chris

    --------------090600070709040707020708--

    Chris Irish, Dec 8, 2005

  2. Chris Irish

    Jeff Wood Guest

    ------=_Part_23117_2873294.1134079974540

    I would expect that all of that information is available to you from the
    rubyonrails.org website...

    j.

    --
    "Remember. Understand. Believe. Yield! -> http://ruby-lang.org"

    Jeff Wood

    ------=_Part_23117_2873294.1134079974540--

    Jeff Wood, Dec 8, 2005

  3. Chris Irish

    Chris Irish Guest

    --------------090208090908080104050402

    Yeah thats where I got that one.... I was just curious if anyone knew of
    any anothers

    Chris Irish, Dec 8, 2005
  4. On Dec 8, 2005, at 2:20 PM, Chris Irish wrote:

    > Yeah thats where I got that one.... I was just curious if anyone
    > knew of any anothers
    >
    > Jeff Wood wrote:
    >
    >> I would expect that all of that information is available to you
    >> from the
    >> rubyonrails.org website...
    >>
    >> j.
    >>
    >> On 12/8/05, Chris Irish <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Could someone tell me if
    >>> <mailto:> is the "main" list for
    >>> rails? Or
    >>> if there is another one?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Chris

    No that is the only rails mailing list per say. there are some other
    forums and such out there. Sitepoint.com has a ruby forum[1]. And
    there is an online forum version of the ruby-talk and the rails
    mailing lists here[2]. But the rails list you mentioned is the only
    mailing list I know of and it has tons of traffic as well.

    Cheers-

    -Ezra Zygmuntowicz
    Yakima Herald-Republic
    WebMaster
    http://yakimaherald.com
    509-577-7732

    [1]. http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=227
    [2]. http://www.ruby-forum.com/

    Ezra Zygmuntowicz, Dec 8, 2005
  5. Chris Irish

    Chris Irish Guest

    Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:

    > On Dec 8, 2005, at 2:20 PM, Chris Irish wrote:
    >
    >> Yeah thats where I got that one.... I was just curious if anyone
    >> knew of any anothers
    >>
    >> Jeff Wood wrote:
    >>
    >>> I would expect that all of that information is available to you
    >>> from the
    >>> rubyonrails.org website...
    >>>
    >>> j.

    > No that is the only rails mailing list per say. there are some other
    > forums and such out there. Sitepoint.com has a ruby forum[1]. And
    > there is an online forum version of the ruby-talk and the rails
    > mailing lists here[2]. But the rails list you mentioned is the only
    > mailing list I know of and it has tons of traffic as well.
    >
    > Cheers-
    >
    > -Ezra Zygmuntowicz
    > Yakima Herald-Republic
    > WebMaster
    > http://yakimaherald.com
    > 509-577-7732
    >

    > [1]. http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=227
    > [2]. http://www.ruby-forum.com/

    Thanks for the info :)

    Chris Irish, Dec 8, 2005
  6. On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 07:20:26AM +0900, Chris Irish wrote:
    > Yeah thats where I got that one.... I was just curious if
    > anyone knew of any anothers

    But why would people need them?

    I know of the only reasonable (heh) reason to split mailing
    lists: heavy traffic which can be clearly further categorized
    (e.g. there's unstable users' discussion going strong, or some
    particular technology emerges and corresponding threads maintain
    noticeable traffic by themselves).

    Then forking specialized discussions into separate lists might
    help if done properly.

    --
    ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <>

    Michael Shigorin, Dec 10, 2005