Does g++ come with a STL library default ?

struggle

I have look at the g++ library dierectory and found there is libstdc++
, does this contain the
STL library , or must I use the sgi stl library for STL mechanism ?

Thanks in advance !

Thomas Tutone

struggle said:
I have look at the g++ library dierectory and found there is libstdc++
, does this contain the
STL library , or must I use the sgi stl library for STL mechanism ?

<OT/> gcc (g++) comes with the standard library, which includes what
you call the STL. </OT>

Best regards,

Tom

Phlip

struggle said:
I have look at the g++ library dierectory and found there is
libstdc++, does this contain the
STL library , or must I use the sgi stl library for STL mechanism ?

This question is on-topic for a forum that discusses GNU's g++. This
newsgroup is only qualified to discuss the raw C++ language itself.

And once there, you might find the answer is "distribution-specific". I use
CygWin and Ubuntu, and each just comes with g++ and an STL. I have never
bothered to check which one it is.

So if you "look at the g++ library directory" and can't find an STL, then
you might need to step back and look at the big picture. Download a g++,
such as CygWin, and see what you get!

struggle

Thank you very much !
I have read that the STL have been include in the C++ standard library
, but there are also some STL implements such as SGI STL distributed
seprately . So g++ must contain the STL implements .
Thank you for your reply again !