Does Python have certificate?

Muddy Coder

Hi Folks,

I wonder that does Python have certificate? You see, java, .NET, PHP,
and so on, they have certificates for developers to get. Python is
quite popular nowadays, I wonder is there such a thing? If so, I
certainly want to get one. I searched, and

Muddy Coder

Sebastian Bassi

I wonder that does Python have certificate? You see, java, .NET, PHP,
and so on, they have certificates for developers to get. Python is
quite popular nowadays, I wonder is there such a thing? If so, I
certainly want to get one. I searched, and

No, there is no certification for Python. Maybe in the future...

Johannes Bauer

Sebastian said:
No, there is no certification for Python. Maybe in the future...

I'll hand out the "Johannes Bauer Python Certificate of Total
Awesomeness" for anyone who can write a hello world in python and hands
me $25000 in cash.

This whole "certified foobar programmer" is complete crap IMHO.

The above offer stands nontheless.

Kind regards,
Johannes

Paddy3118

--
"Meine Gegenklage gegen dich lautet dann auf bewusste Verlogenheit,
verlästerung von Gott, Bibel und mir und bewusster Blasphemie."

The Academy of Research into Science Education being a true leader in
the field offers acclaimed accreditation for Python programmers. Those
who pass our strict exams and pay our modest fees will earn our
prestigious certification.

Those who show promise can advance to our Winter Improve Python to
Expert program, for an additional fee, and, be given expert tutoring
to help you gain our exemplary A.R.S.E./W.I.P.E certification which is
guaranteed to attract certain types of employers by its name alone.

Steve Holden

Sebastian said:
No, there is no certification for Python. Maybe in the future...

O'Reilly School of Technology have plans to offer a Python
certification. But I have to write the courses first :)

regards
Steve

Kay Schluehr

O'Reilly School of Technology have plans to offer a Python
certification. But I have to write the courses first :)

If you're done with it I'd additionally suggest the honory title of a
VIPP: Very Important Python Programmer. VIPPs receive a sticker with a
Python logo and are immediately spotted this way by their numerous
fans.

Regards

Hendrik van Rooyen

Kay Schluehr said:
If you're done with it I'd additionally suggest the honory title of a
VIPP: Very Important Python Programmer. VIPPs receive a sticker with a
Python logo and are immediately spotted this way by their numerous
fans.

I like the idea, but I would suggest that the award be
limited to the first 100 participants and that the title be:

Very Important Python Early Responder

- Hendrik

ajaksu

Hendrik van Rooyen said:
I like the idea, but I would suggest that the award be
limited to the first 100 participants and that the title be:

Very Important Python Early Responder

I'd pay good money for that if the 'I' could be customized to stand
for Ignorant :)

Daniel

MRAB

Johannes said:
I'll hand out the "Johannes Bauer Python Certificate of Total
Awesomeness" for anyone who can write a hello world in python and hands
me $25000 in cash.

This whole "certified foobar programmer" is complete crap IMHO.

The above offer stands nontheless.
The "Johannes Bauer Certificate of Really Awesome Python"? ;-)

Steve Holden

Johannes said:
I'll hand out the "Johannes Bauer Python Certificate of Total
Awesomeness" for anyone who can write a hello world in python and hands
me $25000 in cash.

This whole "certified foobar programmer" is complete crap IMHO.
The certification kind of comes out in the wash from the O'Reilly
development process, it's not a primary goal.
The above offer stands nontheless.
I'll trade you for a Steve Holden Information Technology certification ...

regards
Steve

afriere

Sebastian Bassi schrieb:
I'll hand out the "Johannes Bauer Python Certificate of Total
Awesomeness" for anyone who can write a hello world in python and hands
me $25000 in cash.

$25,000?! For a certificate? You must be kidding! I can buy a
Doctorate of Divinity (which should get me a jop in an Python shop)
for less than a tenth of that. You really need to turn off your spam
filter for a while to see how low the going price for fake
qualifications are these days. ;)

Tim Chase

$25,000?! For a certificate? You must be kidding! I can buy a
Doctorate of Divinity (which should get me a jop in an Python shop)
for less than a tenth of that. You really need to turn off your spam
filter for a while to see how low the going price for fake
qualifications are these days. ;)

But that's how employers will know it's real. "But I paid $25k
for this Steve Holden Institute of Technology certification --
I'm legitimately Supremely Certified Regarding Every Worthless
Education Degree. This isn't some cheap internet Certification
of Really Awesome Python skills honorific!"

-tkc

Christiaan Putter