    nothing to do with the station?

    It's an excercise in, "Geee, how much can I cram into one little old
    page anyway?".

    richard, Aug 18, 2008

  2. On Aug 18, 4:51 am, richard <> wrote:
    > It's an excercise in, "Geee, how much can I cram into one little old
    > page anyway?".

    I agree, the site is way too busy. But it looks more like they are
    selling ad apace than anything else. I count no less than 15 ads on
    the page. It looks like the people buying the ad space get to design
    their ad. This leads to multiple (contrasting) color schemes, images
    and animations that don't blend well. Better management of the
    banners and ads would greatly improve the look, but still allow them
    the ad space.

    I also agree that all the national and international news is
    meaningless to a local station. Maybe they are trying to pretend they
    are a big player?

    It would be interesting to see if you could start an email campaign to
    get them to change the site.

    Has anyone ever written to a website you thought was doing things
    wrong and gotten them to change?

    --
    Travis
    Flash Crap: http://travisnewbury.blogspot.com

    Travis Newbury, Aug 18, 2008

  3. richard

    John Hosking Guest

    richard wrote:
    > http://www.wkrq.com/
    >
    > This is my old hometown favorite radio station.
    > Used to be they had a really nice site. But now it appears they went
    > and royally trashed it.
    >
    > If I want to sell the radio station, why am I going to waste the space
    > and flash it up with all kinds of world event news and stuff that has
    > nothing to do with the station?
    >
    > It's an excercise in, "Geee, how much can I cram into one little old
    > page anyway?".

    Actually, their markup is pure minimalism (rendering similarly
    minimalistic results when JS is turned off):

    <script language="JavaScript">
    <!--
    location.replace("index.php");
    // -->
    </script>
    </head>

    John
    Page falls into The Technology Trap:
    Just because something *can* be done, doesn't mean it *should* be done.

    John Hosking, Aug 18, 2008