doing it without postback?

Lasse Edsvik

Hello

I was wondering if its possible with asp.net to use the datagrid control and
get the values (chosen ones) sent by querystring, instead of using that
postback thingy?

First a page that lists all customers name and clicking on name results in a
link to view_customer.aspx?customerid=X

and is it possible to use it in paging too?

like this example http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/demos/dgExample33.aspx

send pageindex through querystring?

or do i need to go "old-style" to do that?

TIA
/Lasse

Lasse Edsvik

hmm... not sure how that would solve things

Eliyahu Goldin said:
Have a look at recent thread "Datagrid and clientside callback events" in
the datagrid newsgroup.

Eliyahu

in

Eliyahu Goldin

Have a look at recent thread "Datagrid and clientside callback events" in
the datagrid newsgroup.

Eliyahu

Greg Burns

I think Eliyahu's suggestion is very relevant for what you asked for (no
postback). The question is really what is it that you are asking? :^)

Sounds like you simply want hyperlinks in your datagrid? Use a
<asp:HyperLinkColumn> in your datagrid to do that...

Greg