doing it without postback?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Lasse Edsvik, Sep 22, 2004.

  1. Lasse Edsvik

    Lasse Edsvik Guest

    Hello

    I was wondering if its possible with asp.net to use the datagrid control and
    get the values (chosen ones) sent by querystring, instead of using that
    postback thingy?

    First a page that lists all customers name and clicking on name results in a
    link to view_customer.aspx?customerid=X

    and is it possible to use it in paging too?

    like this example http://aspnet.4guysfromrolla.com/demos/dgExample33.aspx

    send pageindex through querystring?

    or do i need to go "old-style" to do that?

    TIA
    /Lasse

    Lasse Edsvik, Sep 22, 2004

  2. Lasse Edsvik

    Lasse Edsvik Guest

    hmm... not sure how that would solve things

    Lasse Edsvik, Sep 22, 2004

  3. Have a look at recent thread "Datagrid and clientside callback events" in

    Eliyahu Goldin, Sep 22, 2004
  4. Lasse Edsvik

    Greg Burns Guest

    I think Eliyahu's suggestion is very relevant for what you asked for (no
    postback). The question is really what is it that you are asking? :^)

    Sounds like you simply want hyperlinks in your datagrid? Use a
    <asp:HyperLinkColumn> in your datagrid to do that...

    Greg

    Greg Burns, Sep 22, 2004