    currently registered to anyone. Grab it while it's hot. :)

    Alan

    interested to see if anybody actually does :)

    Alan, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Alan

    Peter Hansen Guest

    Alan wrote:

    > Chapter 10 of the O'Reilly "Learning Python" book features the development
    > of a CGI application for a fictional company, Joe's Toothpaste, Inc, at
    > the fictional website "toftoot.com". That domain is not, in reality,
    > currently registered to anyone. Grab it while it's hot. :)
    >
    > Alan
    >
    > interested to see if anybody actually does :)

    I understand the domain "xxoeitll.com" is not yet claimed, either.

    And as an added advantage, it has a higher likelihood of meaning
    something rude in Aztec, as well. ;-)

    -Peter

    Peter Hansen, Nov 5, 2003

  3. On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 13:24:16 -0500, rumours say that Peter Hansen
    <> might have written:

    [Alan comments that "toftoot.com", used as an example in "Learning
    Python", is available]

    >I understand the domain "xxoeitll.com" is not yet claimed, either.
    >
    >And as an added advantage, it has a higher likelihood of meaning
    >something rude in Aztec, as well. ;-)

    Imagine my surprise some years ago when I found out that the quite
    cryptic 'tzot' I traditionally used as a username (chris was oh so
    already-taken in unix systems), was a quite common mayan word (a dialect
    of Mayan, a small barracuda, 'arm', 'labyrinth', 'lost one' are its
    meanings so far as per google...)

    I don't know if it means python too, what with all those dragon and
    snake gods, but I wouldn't be surprised :)
    --
    TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
    Ils sont fous ces Redmontains! --Harddix

    Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou, Nov 5, 2003