domxml_open_mem concatenating siblings

Discussion in 'XML' started by Redge Ogden, Mar 4, 2009.

  1. Redge Ogden

    Redge Ogden Guest

    Hello
    I have an XML file which contains the structure:

    <order-item>
    <item-code>XYZ</item-code>
    <item-name>computer</item-name>
    <price>150</price>
    <quantity>1</quantity>
    </order-item>
    <order-item>
    <item-code>ABC</item-code>
    <item-name>printer</item-name>
    <price>250</price>
    <quantity>3</quantity>
    </order-item>

    Please can someone tell me how to use the dom to get a concatenated
    version of item-name and quantity, i.e.
    computer:1?

    I understand how to get a single value using get_elements_by_tagname but
    I need to associate the item-name:quantity pairs according to
    order-item.

    Any advice would be much appreciated.

    Redge Ogden, Mar 4, 2009