don't print anything after /$c in MARC record

pauliecat

I am attempting to learn Perl so that I can extract, manipulate,
perform wizardry on MARC21 records, which is used in the coding of
library records around the world. I would appreciate any links to sites
which give clear examples of how to do this. I have used the
MARC:RECORD CPAN module but find it somewhat confusing and not very
many examples. To me the module assumes I know more than what I do.
Below is how the title fields might be coded in the cataloging record

245 00$aJoe is a creep /$cby Dirty Harry
245 10$aDon't call Joe a creep /$cby Joe's mother

If I was asked to print a report of titles for an instructor, how would
I eliminate the coding from the report, as the instructor would
probably shake his head if the coding was included.

I would want only the titles without all the codes

Joe is a creep
Don't call Joe a creep

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

http://perldoc.perldrunks.org/perlretut.html

Below is how the title fields might be coded in the cataloging record

245 00$aJoe is a creep /$cby Dirty Harry
245 10$aDon't call Joe a creep /$cby Joe's mother

If I was asked to print a report of titles for an instructor, how would
I eliminate the coding from the report, as the instructor would
probably shake his head if the coding was included.

I would want only the titles without all the codes

Joe is a creep
Don't call Joe a creep

print /\$a(.+)\/\$c/, "\n" while <DATA>;

__DATA__