Doors implementation on linux

Discussion in 'C++' started by harshaL, Aug 20, 2004.

  1. harshaL

    harshaL Guest

    Guys, Actually i want to implement
    Doors on Linux using C++ coding,
    on threads, thing is following Interfaces
    door_bind,
    door_call,
    door_create,
    door_cred,
    door_info,
    door_return,
    door_revoke,
    door_server_create,
    door_unbind
    are not supported on the Linux side,
    can I use similar functions that serve
    the same purpouse?
    if so can I get the list of functions
    that are equivalent to these functions

    harsha

    harshaL, Aug 20, 2004

  2. harshaL wrote:
    > Guys, Actually i want to implement
    > Doors on Linux using C++ coding,
    > on threads, thing is following Interfaces
    > door_bind,
    > door_call,
    > door_create,
    > door_cred,
    > door_info,
    > door_return,
    > door_revoke,
    > door_server_create,
    > door_unbind
    > are not supported on the Linux side,
    > can I use similar functions that serve
    > the same purpouse?
    > if so can I get the list of functions
    > that are equivalent to these functions

    Not in this newsgroup you can't. 'Doors' is not defined by C++ Standard,
    so you would have to first explain what those things do, and only then we
    could try to find some kind of equivalent of them in the Standard Library.
    But it is most likely that there is no equivalent in C++. Judging from
    the function names it's some kind of networking or communication package.
    There is no networking support in the Standard library, you need to use
    platform-specific means. Hence, ask in a newsgroup dedicated to your OS.

    Victor Bazarov, Aug 20, 2004