double-scripted array problem

Panthereal

I need help modifying the following code that contains a student id
and four scores. I need to setup a double-scripted array and then
compute the average score for each student, min, max, mean and median
scores for the group and Print the statistics as follows:

Students [1] [2] [3] [4] Average:
2272 126 169 194 177 166.5
3375 163 188 189 185
4456 171 190 186 198

Lowest Score = 126
Highest Score = 198
Overall Average =
Mediam Score =

Here is what I have so far but its missing some needed code:

import java.awt.*;

public class DoubleArray extends JApplet {
int grades[][] = {{2772,126,169,194,177},
{3375,163,188,189,185},
{4456,171,190,186,198} };

int students, exams;
String output;
JTextArea outputArea;

public void init()
{
students=grades.length;
exams = grades[ 0 ].length;

outputArea = new JtextArea();
Container container = getContentPane();
container.add(outputArea);

output = "The array is:\n";
buildString();

output += "\n\nLowest grade: " + minimum() +
"\nHighest grade: " + maximum() + "\n";

for (int counter = 0; counter < students; counter++)
output += "\nAverage for student" + counter + "is"+
average(grades[counter]);

outputArea.setFont(
new Font("Courier", Font.PLAIN, 12));

outputArea.setText(output);
}

public int minimum()
{
int lowGrade = grades[0][0];

for (int row=0; row < students; row++)
for (int column = 0; column < exams; column++)

if (grades[row][column]<lowGrade)
lowGrade = grades[row][column];
return lowGrade;
}

public int maximum()
{
int highGrade = grades[0][0];

for (int row=0; row < students; row++)
for (int column = 0; column < exams; columns++)

if (grades[row][column] > highGrade)
highGrade = grades[row][column];

return highGrade;
}

public double average(int setOfGrades[])
{
int total = 0;

for (int count = 0; count < setOfGrades.length; count++)
total += setOfGrades[count];

return(double)total / setOfGrades.length;
}

public void buildString()
{
output += " ";

for (int counter = 0; counter < exams; counter++)
output +="[" + counter + "] ";

for (int row = 0; row < students; row++) {
output += "\ngrades[" + row + "] ";

for(int column = 0; column < exams; column++)
output += grades[row][column] + " ";