    should be able to download that file from the server.

    What ASP components will be required to achieve this functionality

    thanks
    abcd, Jun 10, 2005

  2. abcd

    abcd Guest

    some correction to my earlier post

    my drop-down list will contain the list of file like

    File1.doc
    file2.doc
    file3.doc

    sorry about the confused statement earlier

    abcd, Jun 10, 2005

  3. abcd

    abcd Guest

    Basically, how could I send the file to the client, with keeping "file
    location privacy" ?

    thanks

    abcd, Jun 10, 2005
  4. abcd

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    abcd wrote:
    > Basically, how could I send the file to the client, with keeping "file
    > location privacy" ?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > abcd wrote:
    >
    >>I am writing asp page, based on the selection of the drop-down list I
    >>want to allow the user to download some files
    >>
    >>for example
    >>
    >>my drop-down list will contain a select control and a button
    >>
    >>select control will have
    >>
    >>File1.doc
    >>file2.doc
    >>file3.doc
    >>
    >>e.g. when file file2.doc is selected and clicked on the button, the
    >>user should be able to download that file from the server.
    >>
    >>What ASP components will be required to achieve this functionality
    >>
    >>thanks

    Try this.
    http://www.darkfalz.com/1098

    --
    Curt Christianson
    site: www.darkfalz.com
    Curt_C [MVP], Jun 10, 2005
  5. abcd

    abcd Guest

    Man You rocks !

    Thanks Curt for the exact link I was looking for. You link helped me to
    understand the subject.

    Cheers ! Now my friday evening will be pleasent !

    Curt_C [MVP] wrote:
    > abcd wrote:
    >> Basically, how could I send the file to the client, with keeping
    >> "file location privacy" ?
    >>
    >> thanks
    >>
    >> abcd wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am writing asp page, based on the selection of the drop-down list
    >>> I want to allow the user to download some files
    >>>
    >>> for example
    >>>
    >>> my drop-down list will contain a select control and a button
    >>>
    >>> select control will have
    >>>
    >>> File1.doc
    >>> file2.doc

    abcd, Jun 10, 2005
  6. abcd

    abcd Guest

    another interesting question

    My downloads work fine..client gets the dialog about downloads...if client
    cancels the download then is there any way at ASP side to know about it....I
    want to take some action based on that

    thanks

    Curt_C [MVP] wrote:
    > abcd wrote:
    >> Basically, how could I send the file to the client, with keeping
    >> "file location privacy" ?
    >>
    >> thanks
    >>
    >> abcd wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am writing asp page, based on the selection of the drop-down list
    >>> I want to allow the user to download some files
    >>>
    >>> for example
    >>>
    >>> my drop-down list will contain a select control and a button
    >>>
    >>> select control will have
    >>>
    >>> File1.doc
    >>> file2.doc

    abcd, Jun 10, 2005