downloading files

abcd

I am writing asp page, based on the selection of the drop-down list I want
to allow the user to download some files

for example

my drop-down list will contain a select control and a button

select control will have

File1.doc
file2.doc
file3.doc

e.g. when file file2.doc is selected and clicked on the button, the user
should be able to download that file from the server.

What ASP components will be required to achieve this functionality

thanks

abcd

some correction to my earlier post

my drop-down list will contain the list of file like

File1.doc
file2.doc
file3.doc

sorry about the confused statement earlier

abcd

Basically, how could I send the file to the client, with keeping "file
location privacy" ?

thanks

abcd

Man You rocks !

Thanks Curt for the exact link I was looking for. You link helped me to
understand the subject.

Cheers ! Now my friday evening will be pleasent !

abcd

another interesting question

My downloads work fine..client gets the dialog about downloads...if client
cancels the download then is there any way at ASP side to know about it....I
want to take some action based on that

thanks