Downloading from a clean url

D.Hering

General:
How do I download a page's data from a clean url.

Specific:
I'm using PyQt's QHttp and QUrl classes for requests and acquiring the
response, but I can't figure out how to access a page's data without
knowing the file of the url's path. For instance http://kde.org

Thanks,
-Dieter

Evan Klitzke

General:
How do I download a page's data from a clean url.

Specific:
I'm using PyQt's QHttp and QUrl classes for requests and acquiring the
response, but I can't figure out how to access a page's data without
knowing the file of the url's path. For instance http://kde.org

If the page is omitted, as in your example of http://kde.org, the page is /

D.Hering

Evan said:
If the page is omitted, as in your example of http://kde.org, the page is /

Right, but so far I'm not able to get a response unless I actually
provide the actual page and it's extension in the path of the url. For
instance /page.html or /this/path/to/page.html ...etc.

Evan Klitzke

Right, but so far I'm not able to get a response unless I actually
provide the actual page and it's extension in the path of the url. For
instance /page.html or /this/path/to/page.html ...etc.

If that's the case, it sounds like the web server on the other end is
misconfigured (or maybe you're getting a 302 or something like that).
Install LiveHTTP Headers and see how your browser navigates to the
page.