    knowing the file of the url's path. For instance http://kde.org

    Thanks,
    -Dieter
    D.Hering, Jun 21, 2007

  2. D.Hering

    Evan Klitzke Guest

    If the page is omitted, as in your example of http://kde.org, the page is /

    --
    Evan Klitzke <>
    Evan Klitzke, Jun 21, 2007

  3. D.Hering

    D.Hering Guest

    Evan Klitzke wrote:
    > On 6/20/07, D.Hering <> wrote:
    > > General:
    > > How do I download a page's data from a clean url.
    > >
    > > Specific:
    > > I'm using PyQt's QHttp and QUrl classes for requests and acquiring the
    > > response, but I can't figure out how to access a page's data without
    > > knowing the file of the url's path. For instance http://kde.org

    > If the page is omitted, as in your example of http://kde.org, the page is /

    Right, but so far I'm not able to get a response unless I actually
    provide the actual page and it's extension in the path of the url. For
    instance /page.html or /this/path/to/page.html ...etc.

    D.Hering, Jun 21, 2007
  4. D.Hering

    Evan Klitzke Guest

    On 6/21/07, D.Hering <> wrote:

    > Evan Klitzke wrote:
    > > On 6/20/07, D.Hering <> wrote:
    > > > General:
    > > > How do I download a page's data from a clean url.
    > > >
    > > > Specific:
    > > > I'm using PyQt's QHttp and QUrl classes for requests and acquiring the
    > > > response, but I can't figure out how to access a page's data without
    > > > knowing the file of the url's path. For instance http://kde.org

    > > If the page is omitted, as in your example of http://kde.org, the page is /

    > Right, but so far I'm not able to get a response unless I actually
    > provide the actual page and it's extension in the path of the url. For
    > instance /page.html or /this/path/to/page.html ...etc.

    If that's the case, it sounds like the web server on the other end is
    misconfigured (or maybe you're getting a 302 or something like that).
    Install LiveHTTP Headers and see how your browser navigates to the
    page.

    --
    Evan Klitzke <>
    Evan Klitzke, Jun 21, 2007