doxygen

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jan Danielsson, Mar 4, 2007.

  1. Hello all,

    I guess I should really be asking in some doxygen mailing list, but
    since I believe that I found doxygen through this group, I assume that
    there are some people here who can answer.

    When I run doxygen on my python files, it does document classes, but
    not "standalone" functions. I.e.:

    -----------------------
    ## Foobar class
    #
    # This is a test class!
    class Foobar:

    ## Init
    #
    # This is the init function.
    def __init__(self):
    pass
    -----------------------

    ... is included, but:

    -----------------------
    ## Test
    #
    # This is a test function
    def TestFunction(foo=None):
    pass
    -----------------------

    ..is not.

    Is this by design? Is it possible to get doxygen to include
    standalone functions?

    --
    Kind regards,
    Jan Danielsson
    Jan Danielsson, Mar 4, 2007

  2. Jan Danielsson

    Mike Kent Guest

    On Mar 4, 1:15 pm, Jan Danielsson <> wrote:

    > When I run doxygen on my python files, it does document classes, but
    > not "standalone" functions.

    Look in the doxygen config file for your python project, named
    'Doxyfile', for the config setting
    'EXTRACT_ALL', and read the comments there.
    Mike Kent, Mar 4, 2007