Dr. Michael Rys on Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and XQuery

Discussion in 'XML' started by Tony Lavinio, Mar 2, 2005.

  1. Tony Lavinio

    Tony Lavinio Guest

    Dear com.text.xml XML community:

    It's hard to imagine a major company that doesn't have at least
    some systems running SQL Server, or using Microsoft XML
    technologies for that matter. Because of this, we're especially
    pleased to bring you Stylus Studio Senior Product Architect Ivan
    Pedruzzi's interview with Dr. Michael Rys, the Program Manager
    for the Microsoft SQL Server Engine Team. Dr. Rys is the man
    responsible for many of the XML initiatives in Microsoft SQL
    Server, including XQuery support in the upcoming SQL Server 2005
    release (codenamed "Yukon"). Michael also serves as Microsoft's
    representative on the W3C XQuery Working Group and on the SQL
    standardization committee at ANSI.

    Catch the latest and greatest installment in our XQuery by the
    XPerts' series here: http://www.stylusstudio.com/michael_rys.html

    Sincerely,
    Tony Lavinio, Stylus Studio Engineer
    http://www.stylusstudio.com/