    window? What I want to do is open a browser window without a title
    bar, but be able to drag it around the screen as if I was dragging
    using the title bar. Thanks,

    CB, Nov 16, 2005

  2. > Is it possible to drag the browser itself from inside the document
    > window?

    <disclaimer>Without trying it</disclaimer>, you should be able to take
    a standard DOM-drag script (like the one at [
    http://youngpup.net/2001/domdrag ]) and modify it to call
    window.moveBy() or window.moveTo() to move the window... but note that
    several browsers nowdays will block scripts from changing a windows
    position. Then again, this may not matter because this doesn't sound
    like the kind of thing that would be required... just a nice feature.
    Hope this helps!

    Joshie Surber, Nov 16, 2005

  3. CB

    Zif Guest

    CB wrote:
    > Is it possible to drag the browser itself from inside the document
    > window? What I want to do is open a browser window without a title
    > bar, but be able to drag it around the screen as if I was dragging
    > using the title bar. Thanks,

    It is trivial to write a script that attempts to move a window in
    response to a mouse drag event or action, however many browsers won't
    let you move or resize the window (or even remove the title bar).

    Depending on the host environment (and perhaps browser), windows can be
    dragged whether they have a title or not. If the window is 'full
    screen' or maximized, dragging makes little sense.

    --
    Zif

    Zif, Nov 16, 2005