Drag browser from inside window?

CB

Is it possible to drag the browser itself from inside the document
window? What I want to do is open a browser window without a title
bar, but be able to drag it around the screen as if I was dragging
using the title bar. Thanks,

Joshie Surber

Is it possible to drag the browser itself from inside the document

<disclaimer>Without trying it</disclaimer>, you should be able to take
a standard DOM-drag script (like the one at [
http://youngpup.net/2001/domdrag ]) and modify it to call
window.moveBy() or window.moveTo() to move the window... but note that
several browsers nowdays will block scripts from changing a windows
position. Then again, this may not matter because this doesn't sound
like the kind of thing that would be required... just a nice feature.
Hope this helps!

Zif

CB said:
Is it possible to drag the browser itself from inside the document
window? What I want to do is open a browser window without a title
bar, but be able to drag it around the screen as if I was dragging
using the title bar. Thanks,

It is trivial to write a script that attempts to move a window in
response to a mouse drag event or action, however many browsers won't
let you move or resize the window (or even remove the title bar).

Depending on the host environment (and perhaps browser), windows can be
dragged whether they have a title or not. If the window is 'full
screen' or maximized, dragging makes little sense.