drop down list

chris

I've searched postings, etc. need help on dropdownlist. Can you make the item name equal to more than one data field. I.e. in the example below I'd liek to make the viewable text USER_FNAME USER_LNAME. I've tried to add like:
ddusernames.DataTextField = ( "USER_FNAME" ) & " " & ( "USER_LNAME" )
and I've tried:
ddusernames.DataTextField = ( "USER_FNAME" )("USER_LNAME" )

Suggestions?

'create user drop-down list
ddusernames.datasource = userlist
ddusernames.DataTextField = ( "USER_FNAME" )
ddusernames.DataValueField = ( "USER_EMAIL" )
ddusernames.DataBind()

thanx!

Alvin Bruney [MVP]

no you have to manually loop thru the dataset and concat the results into
the listitem and add it into the dropdown. would be a good feature though. i
see more and more people asking for that ability