DropDownList in DataList using Selected

Mike D

I am trying to recode an earlier attempt at a Tape Management application
which tracks the status of backup tapes (in Library, Safe, Off-Site). I have
two tables (one for tape meta data and another for tape status). I can
diaplay the last status update (TapeID, Status, Last Update, In Service Date,
Age (number of times in library)) in a Datalist (2 columns due to the number
of tapes) with no problem. What I am having a problem with is trying to
figure a way to use a dropdownlist to update the status in the Datalist. I
want to be able to use all three status options but display the current
status of the tape. I plan to use Autopostback to update after each change
this way if there was no change to a status it would not be added to the
status table and therefore more accurate Age data.