DropDownList list item size

Stef

Hi people,
I'm using the asp:DropDownList web control to display values from a
database.
These values can be quite lentghy but I have a resolution restriction
on the display of my page which is set to 800x600. What I want to do
is to set the width of the DropDownList to a percentage of my page
(this has been done already) and then, when the user clicks on the
dropdown to list the items to choose from, I want the item list portion
of the dropdown to resize to the largest item in it without affecting
the width of the control itself on the page.
I've searched on google and found nothing near a solution for this
problem...
Can someone help me find a solution?
I know that Infragistic web controls has a DropDownList that can do
that but that's not an option for us here.

Thanks for reading and I wait for you guys to give me some hints!

Stef