DSN for Ms Access

Grzesiek

What is Data Source Name for MS Access database?

"driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*mdb)};dbq=c:\myDataBase.mdl;"

doesnt work

Thanx

:)

Grzesiek

What is Data Source Name for MS Access database?

"driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*mdb)};dbq=c:\myDataBase.mdl;"

doesnt work

Thanx

:)

Its easy:

Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=C:
\myDataBase.mdb;UID=;PWD=;

Im the best :)

lord.zoltar

What is Data Source Name for MS Access database?

"driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*mdb)};dbq=c:\myDataBase.mdl;"

doesnt work

Thanx

:)

A trick that used to work for me for stuff like this was create a new
text file named "test.dsn". Then double-click it and Windows will
prompt you with a dialogue to fill in the DSN details. Then after
that, you open it up in Notepad again and read the connection string.
But I can't test that right now because my current workstation keeps
opening the file with VIM.

kcwong

A trick that used to work for me for stuff like this was create a new
text file named "test.dsn". Then double-click it and Windows will
prompt you with a dialogue to fill in the DSN details. Then after
that, you open it up in Notepad again and read the connection string.
But I can't test that right now because my current workstation keeps
opening the file with VIM.

Which version of Windows are you talking about? I'm using Windows XP,
while .dsn has an icon defined, there's no default program to open it.

lord.zoltar

Which version of Windows are you talking about? I'm using Windows XP,
while .dsn has an icon defined, there's no default program to open it.

Hmm... I thought it was just my workstation here. Well, you could try
creating the file, then going to Control Panels -> Admin Tools -> Data
sources (ODBC)
and then create a DSN from a file and choose the test.dsn you created.
The connection string should be in the file.