    a webmail account?

    Can anybody tell me? Thanks.

    , Aug 5, 2006

  2. Evertjan. Guest

    wrote on 05 aug 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I found this code in a website and wondered whtat it does.
    >
    > <A
    > href="http://webmail.ibew103.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://news.
    > bostonherald.com/search/?searchSite=true%26keyword=Mitt%2BRomney%26mode
    > =all%26sorting=pubdate" target=_blank>
    >
    > Why not just use the link to the Boston Herald directly? Why redirect
    > from a webmail account?

    Perhaps registering that YOU are klicking this link or simply couting the
    number of clicks.

    Why do you think it is an "account"?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Aug 5, 2006

  3. Bobbo Guest

    wrote:

    > I found this code in a website and wondered whtat it does.
    >
    > <A
    > href="http://webmail.ibew103.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://news.bostonherald.com/search/?searchSite=true%26keyword=Mitt%2BRomney%26mode=all%26sorting=pubdate"
    >
    > target=_blank>

    It's quite common for sites to send external link redirections through
    a tracking page, to gain information on which links users are clicking.
    Sometimes this is to determine click-through data for accounting
    purposes, other times its just for trend-monitoring [demographic??]
    purposes.

    Bobbo, Aug 7, 2006