    Does anyone has some advice ?

    Thanks
    Peter

    Peter Meier, Sep 5, 2006

  2. Peter Meier

    Phlip Guest

    Peter Meier wrote:

    > I want to show a measurement value in a diagram.
    >
    > The problem is that the diagram should be visible, when new values are
    > added into the diagram. There is round about one value per minute.

    By "diagram" do you mean "chart"? If so, use BLT (which I think only binds
    with Python or something).

    If you actually mean a diagram, like a graph, with circles and arrows, try
    this:

    http://wiki.rubygarden.org/Ruby/page/show/SvgCanvas

    Updating it in real-time should only require a little work. I have
    bench-versions which do that, so if you actually need it ping me privately.

    --
    Phlip

    Phlip, Sep 5, 2006

  3. Peter Meier

    Phrogz Guest

    Phlip wrote:
    > http://wiki.rubygarden.org/Ruby/page/show/SvgCanvas
    >
    > Updating it in real-time should only require a little work. I have
    > bench-versions which do that, so if you actually need it ping me privately.

    Since SVG using progressive rendering and the "painters model", you can
    actually start streaming an SVG file and just send new information when
    it's available (if you can live with new content always drawing on top
    of old).

    Alternatively, you can use AJAXian style JS communication to poll and
    receive new data, modifying the SVG DOM on the fly to add new data.

    Phrogz, Sep 5, 2006
  4. Peter Meier

    Phlip Guest

    Phrogz wrote:

    >> http://wiki.rubygarden.org/Ruby/page/show/SvgCanvas
    >>
    >> Updating it in real-time should only require a little work. I have
    >> bench-versions which do that, so if you actually need it ping me
    >> privately.

    > Since SVG using progressive rendering and the "painters model", you can
    > actually start streaming an SVG file and just send new information when
    > it's available (if you can live with new content always drawing on top
    > of old).
    >
    > Alternatively, you can use AJAXian style JS communication to poll and
    > receive new data, modifying the SVG DOM on the fly to add new data.

    SVG ain't just for web pages. (I have barely researched how it's used
    there!)

    --
    Phlip

    Phlip, Sep 5, 2006