    Thanks,

    Rick

    , May 9, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > I download a free C++ library form web and it has two forms : static
    > linked library which ended with .a and dynamic linked library which
    > ended with .so.
    >
    > The system seems default to dynamic linked library. How can I use
    > static linked library?

    There is no C++ language question here. Please post your OS-specific
    question to the OS newsgroup: comp.os.linux.development.apps

    Victor Bazarov, May 9, 2005

  3. red floyd Guest

    Rolf Magnus wrote:
    > Victor Bazarov wrote:
    >>
    >>There is no C++ language question here. Please post your OS-specific
    >>question to the OS newsgroup: comp.os.linux.development.apps

    > I can't see any reference to linux in the OP's posting.

    You're right. He should post to comp.unix.programmer. ".a" and ".so"
    are library suffixes in *NIX.

    red floyd, May 9, 2005
  4. Rolf Magnus Guest

    Rolf Magnus, May 9, 2005
  5. Rolf Magnus wrote:
    > Victor Bazarov wrote:
    >

    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I download a free C++ library form web and it has two forms : static
    >>>linked library which ended with .a and dynamic linked library which
    >>>ended with .so.
    >>>
    >>>The system seems default to dynamic linked library. How can I use
    >>>static linked library?

    >>There is no C++ language question here. Please post your OS-specific
    >>question to the OS newsgroup: comp.os.linux.development.apps

    > I can't see any reference to linux in the OP's posting.

    The subject line doesn't give off enough glare?

    Victor Bazarov, May 10, 2005
  6. Rolf Magnus Guest

    Victor Bazarov wrote:

    >>>There is no C++ language question here. Please post your OS-specific
    >>>question to the OS newsgroup: comp.os.linux.development.apps

    >> I can't see any reference to linux in the OP's posting.
    >>

    > The subject line doesn't give off enough glare?

    Nope, it doesn't ;-)
    As soon as I start reading the posting's contents, I forget the subject
    line, which is sometimes a problem if half of the question - or some vital
    information - is in the subject line. I just overlook it.

    Rolf Magnus, May 10, 2005
  7. red floyd Guest

    Victor Bazarov wrote:
    >[redacted]
    > The subject line doesn't give off enough glare?

    Doh! Now I must be sentenced to go off into the wilderness of alt to do
    penance! :)

    red floyd, May 10, 2005