Dynamically Loading Assemblies in ASP.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Danish Ahmed, Apr 15, 2005.

  1. Danish Ahmed

    Danish Ahmed Guest

    Hi,

    I want to load assemblies dynamically in ASP.NET application. Actually, I
    have a dll for each database that my application is supporting. The dll to
    be used is specified in the configuration file.

    I have written a ClassLoader that loaded the classes dynamically from the
    assemblies in the current directory. ClassLoader is working perfectly when I
    am using it from my windows application that also loads the database driver
    dlls. I want to use the same ClassLoader in ASP.NET application.

    What I want to know is that where should I placed the dlls so that the I can
    load them dynamically?
    Also, is there any standard method to load the .NET assemblies in ASP.NET
    applications?

    Regards,
    Danish
    Danish Ahmed, Apr 15, 2005

  2. Danish Ahmed

    Lionel LASKE Guest

    You must play with AppDomain to have a full control about loading directory
    and to have the possibility to unload DLL.
    See
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dncscol/html/csharp05162002.asp
    for more.

    Lionel.