    my head into a huge wet bucket of my own
    feces. Anyone care to comment?

    , Nov 12, 2005

  2. Gabriel Lear Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi there! My name is YOU, and I just dunked
    > my head into a huge wet bucket of my own
    > feces. Anyone care to comment?

    Dear YOU,
    You might want to find a priest that can perform an exorcism on you.
    No, on second thought, you probably should get a room-full of priests.

    Gabriel Lear, Nov 13, 2005

  3. Gabriel Lear <> wrote:

    > You might want to find a priest that can perform an exorcism on you.
    > No, on second thought, you probably should get a room-full of priests.

    Please, in the future, resist such urges to respond to random spam.

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Nov 13, 2005
  4. Gabriel Lear Guest

    Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:
    > Gabriel Lear <> wrote:
    >

    >> You might want to find a priest that can perform an exorcism on you.
    >>No, on second thought, you probably should get a room-full of priests.

    > Please, in the future, resist such urges to respond to random spam.

    Sorry, but I definely do not take advice from "guys" with hyphenated
    last names.

    Gabriel Lear, Nov 13, 2005
  5. Joe Estock Guest

    [OT] Re: E-SOLUTIONS GALORE, RIGHT?!?!?!?! : D

    Gabriel Lear wrote:
    > Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:
    >
    >> Gabriel Lear <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> You might want to find a priest that can perform an exorcism on
    >>> you. No, on second thought, you probably should get a room-full of
    >>> priests.

    >> Please, in the future, resist such urges to respond to random spam.
    >>

    > Sorry, but I definely do not take advice from "guys" with hyphenated
    > last names.

    Please do not feed the trolls.

    Joe

    Joe Estock, Nov 13, 2005
  6. Gabriel Lear Guest

    Re: [OT] Re: E-SOLUTIONS GALORE, RIGHT?!?!?!?! : D

    Joe Estock wrote:
    > Gabriel Lear wrote:
    >
    >> Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:

    >>> Please, in the future, resist such urges to respond to random spam.
    >>>

    >> Sorry, but I definely do not take advice from "guys" with hyphenated
    >> last names.

    > Please do not feed the trolls.
    >
    > Joe

    Now you I'll listen to, Mr. Estock.

    Gabriel Lear, Nov 13, 2005
  7. Gabriel Lear <> wrote:

    > Sorry, but I definely do not take advice from "guys" with hyphenated
    > last names.

    You're free not to, but I'm not sure I understand your prejudice
    against guys with hyphenated last names.

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Nov 14, 2005
  8. Gabriel Lear Guest

    Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:

    > You're free not to, but I'm not sure I understand your prejudice
    > against guys with hyphenated last names.

    I know. Nor could I expect you to. You are free not to understand my way
    of thinking and believing, as I am of yours.

    On that, I hope we stand in perfect agreement. As the old saying goes,
    "Different strokes for different folks". Another thing I'm hoping you
    (and everyone reading this) will agree with me on is this world sure
    would be a boring place if we were all the same.

    I know that responding to trolls is a faux pas. It's like pouring
    gasoline on a fire, and I shouldn't have done it. At the time, I was
    feeling punchy, and there he was, a "release valve", so to speak, just
    asking for it.

    I know that's no excuse, and it won't happen again.

    Thanks for helping me to see that I could be wrong about guys with
    hyphenated last names. I seriously would like to out-grow that
    narrow-minded way of thinking.

    I truly am sorry for offending you. Please forgive me.

    -Gabriel Lear

    Gabriel Lear, Nov 14, 2005
  9. Mike Wahler Guest

    Re: [OT] E-SOLUTIONS GALORE, RIGHT?!?!?!?! : D

    "Christopher Benson-Manica" <> wrote in message
    > Gabriel Lear <> wrote:
    >
    >> Sorry, but I definely do not take advice from "guys" with hyphenated
    >> last names.

    > You're free not to, but I'm not sure I understand your prejudice
    > against guys with hyphenated last names.

    Mr Lear obviously has made some assumption about your
    character based soley upon your name. I believe there's
    a term that describes people who do that ...

    As for myself, I do judge people; but I base
    my judgement upon their behavior only.

    -Mike

    Mike Wahler, Nov 14, 2005
  10. Jordan Abel Guest

    On 2005-11-13, Gabriel Lear <> wrote:
    > Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:
    >> Gabriel Lear <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> You might want to find a priest that can perform an exorcism on you.
    >>>No, on second thought, you probably should get a room-full of priests.

    >> Please, in the future, resist such urges to respond to random spam.
    >>

    > Sorry, but I definely do not take advice from "guys" with hyphenated
    > last names.

    Why are you blaming him for his parents' decision? [among many other
    equally plausible possibilities]

    Jordan Abel, Nov 14, 2005
  11. Re: E-SOLUTIONS GALORE, RIGHT?!?!?!?! : D

    Jordan Abel wrote:
    > On 2005-11-13, Gabriel Lear <> wrote:
    > > Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:

    > >> Please, in the future, resist such urges to respond to random spam.
    > >>

    > > Sorry, but I definely do not take advice from "guys" with hyphenated
    > > last names.

    > Why are you blaming him for his parents' decision? [among many other
    > equally plausible possibilities]

    Why are you feeding the troll?

    Robert Gamble

    Robert Gamble, Nov 14, 2005
  12. Gabriel Lear Guest

    Mike Wahler wrote:
    > "Christopher Benson-Manica" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Gabriel Lear <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Sorry, but I definely do not take advice from "guys" with hyphenated
    >>>last names.

    >>You're free not to, but I'm not sure I understand your prejudice
    >>against guys with hyphenated last names.

    > Mr Lear obviously has made some assumption about your
    > character based soley upon your name. I believe there's
    > a term that describes people who do that ...
    >
    > As for myself, I do judge people; but I base
    > my judgement upon their behavior only.
    >
    > -Mike

    There you go, Mike. You're almost there. Keep going, you'll figure it out.

    Gabriel Lear, Nov 14, 2005
  13. Gabriel Lear Guest

    Jordan Abel wrote:
    > On 2005-11-13, Gabriel Lear <> wrote:
    >
    >>Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:

    >>>Please, in the future, resist such urges to respond to random spam.
    >>>

    >>Sorry, but I definely do not take advice from "guys" with hyphenated
    >>last names.

    > Why are you blaming him for his parents' decision? [among many other
    > equally plausible possibilities]

    I could ask you why you think that is the reason. But I won't.

    Gabriel Lear, Nov 14, 2005
  14. Gabriel Lear Guest

    Robert Gamble wrote:
    > Jordan Abel wrote:

    >>>Sorry, but I definely do not take advice from "guys" with hyphenated
    >>>last names.

    >>Why are you blaming him for his parents' decision? [among many other
    >>equally plausible possibilities]

    > Why are you feeding the troll?
    >
    > Robert Gamble

    Exactly. They can keep the hook and the line, but I'd like to have that
    sinker back. That was a good sinker, wasn't it?

    Gabriel Lear, Nov 14, 2005
  15. Jordan Abel Guest

    On 2005-11-14, Gabriel Lear <> wrote:
    > Jordan Abel wrote:

    >>>Sorry, but I definely do not take advice from "guys" with hyphenated
    >>>last names.

    >> Why are you blaming him for his parents' decision? [among many other
    >> equally plausible possibilities]

    > I could ask you why you think that is the reason. But I won't.

    I said it's a possible reason. What did you tihnk the reason was?

    Jordan Abel, Nov 14, 2005
  16. Jordan Abel <> writes:
    > On 2005-11-14, Gabriel Lear <> wrote:
    >> Jordan Abel wrote:

    >>> Why are you blaming him for his parents' decision? [among many other
    >>> equally plausible possibilities]

    >> I could ask you why you think that is the reason. But I won't.

    > I said it's a possible reason. What did you tihnk the reason was?

    Whatever the reason might be, it's hardly topical here. I for one
    don't care what problem, if any, someone might have with people with
    hyphenated last names.

    Spamming, responding to spam, and trolling are all harmful to the
    newsgroup, and there's been plenty of all three in this thread. If
    anyone feels the need to resolve any non-C issues that might have been
    raised, I suggest they should take it to e-mail.

    Keith Thompson, Nov 14, 2005
  17. Joe Wright Guest

    Gabriel Lear wrote:
    > Mike Wahler wrote:
    >
    >> "Christopher Benson-Manica" <> wrote in
    >> message news:dl8lhj$6iq$...

    >>> You're free not to, but I'm not sure I understand your prejudice
    >>> against guys with hyphenated last names.

    >> Mr Lear obviously has made some assumption about your
    >> character based soley upon your name. I believe there's
    >> a term that describes people who do that ...
    >>
    >> As for myself, I do judge people; but I base
    >> my judgement upon their behavior only.
    >>
    >> -Mike
    >>

    > There you go, Mike. You're almost there. Keep going, you'll figure it out.

    It would seem that Lear is an idiot. The word Mike Wahler was looking
    for is bigot. If you must judge someone (dangerous?), it is properly
    only on what they do (behavior). Nothing else is important.

    --
    Joe Wright
    --- Albert Einstein ---

    Joe Wright, Nov 15, 2005
  18. Re: [OT] E-SOLUTIONS GALORE, RIGHT?!?!?!?! : D

    In article <Z_Sdf.429$>, "Mike Wahler" <> writes:
    > "Christopher Benson-Manica" <> wrote in message
    > > Gabriel Lear <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Sorry, but I definely do not take advice from "guys" with hyphenated
    > >> last names.

    > > You're free not to, but I'm not sure I understand your prejudice
    > > against guys with hyphenated last names.

    > Mr Lear obviously has made some assumption about your
    > character based soley upon your name. I believe there's
    > a term that describes people who do that ...

    If the archives are to be believed, Mr Lear has not made, shall we
    say, an overwhelming number of useful contributions to Usenet (though
    at least some of his messages appear to genuine attempts to
    participate rather than disrupt). I suspect the appropriate term in
    this case is simply "troll". Note in particular the various
    transparent attempts to imply that this entire subthread is some
    subtle witticism on his part.

    This sort of thing was entertaining, for those with the appropriate
    inclination, when it was done well in vicious circles like
    alt.folklore.urban fifteen years ago. Without those attributes I
    fear it loses its charm.

    --
    Michael Wojcik

    Dude, it helps to be smart if you're gonna be mean. -- Darby Conley

    Michael Wojcik, Nov 15, 2005

    Re: E-SOLUTIONS GALORE, RIGHT?!?!?!?! : D

    Hi everyone! I didn't mean to disrupt your group. I admit I practiced
    bad netiquette by not designating my off-topic post with an "OT" but I
    just was very happy and excited about pulling off my outrageous feces
    stunt and wanted to share the good news with you.

    No hard feelings, OK? I think you're all pretty cool : )

    , Nov 20, 2005