E-SOLUTIONS GALORE, RIGHT?!?!?!?! : D

TribalLot

Hi there! My name is YOU, and I just dunked
my head into a huge wet bucket of my own
feces. Anyone care to comment?

Gabriel Lear

Hi there! My name is YOU, and I just dunked
my head into a huge wet bucket of my own
feces. Anyone care to comment?

Dear YOU,
You might want to find a priest that can perform an exorcism on you.
No, on second thought, you probably should get a room-full of priests.

Christopher Benson-Manica

Gabriel Lear said:
You might want to find a priest that can perform an exorcism on you.
No, on second thought, you probably should get a room-full of priests.

Please, in the future, resist such urges to respond to random spam.

Gabriel Lear

Christopher said:
Please, in the future, resist such urges to respond to random spam.

Sorry, but I definely do not take advice from "guys" with hyphenated
last names.

Christopher Benson-Manica

Gabriel Lear said:
Sorry, but I definely do not take advice from "guys" with hyphenated
last names.

You're free not to, but I'm not sure I understand your prejudice
against guys with hyphenated last names.

Gabriel Lear

Christopher said:
You're free not to, but I'm not sure I understand your prejudice
against guys with hyphenated last names.

I know. Nor could I expect you to. You are free not to understand my way
of thinking and believing, as I am of yours.

On that, I hope we stand in perfect agreement. As the old saying goes,
"Different strokes for different folks". Another thing I'm hoping you
(and everyone reading this) will agree with me on is this world sure
would be a boring place if we were all the same.

I know that responding to trolls is a faux pas. It's like pouring
gasoline on a fire, and I shouldn't have done it. At the time, I was
feeling punchy, and there he was, a "release valve", so to speak, just
asking for it.

I know that's no excuse, and it won't happen again.

Thanks for helping me to see that I could be wrong about guys with
hyphenated last names. I seriously would like to out-grow that
narrow-minded way of thinking.

I truly am sorry for offending you. Please forgive me.

-Gabriel Lear

Mike Wahler

Christopher Benson-Manica said:
You're free not to, but I'm not sure I understand your prejudice
against guys with hyphenated last names.

Mr Lear obviously has made some assumption about your
character based soley upon your name. I believe there's
a term that describes people who do that ...

As for myself, I do judge people; but I base
my judgement upon their behavior only.

-Mike

Jordan Abel

Sorry, but I definely do not take advice from "guys" with hyphenated
last names.

Why are you blaming him for his parents' decision? [among many other
equally plausible possibilities]

Robert Gamble

Jordan said:
Sorry, but I definely do not take advice from "guys" with hyphenated
last names.

Why are you blaming him for his parents' decision? [among many other
equally plausible possibilities]

Why are you feeding the troll?

Robert Gamble

Gabriel Lear

Mike said:
Mr Lear obviously has made some assumption about your
character based soley upon your name. I believe there's
a term that describes people who do that ...

As for myself, I do judge people; but I base
my judgement upon their behavior only.

-Mike

There you go, Mike. You're almost there. Keep going, you'll figure it out.

Gabriel Lear

Jordan said:
Sorry, but I definely do not take advice from "guys" with hyphenated
last names.

Why are you blaming him for his parents' decision? [among many other
equally plausible possibilities]

I could ask you why you think that is the reason. But I won't.

Gabriel Lear

Robert said:
Jordan said:
Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:

You might want to find a priest that can perform an exorcism on you.
No, on second thought, you probably should get a room-full of priests.

Please, in the future, resist such urges to respond to random spam.

Sorry, but I definely do not take advice from "guys" with hyphenated
last names.

Why are you blaming him for his parents' decision? [among many other
equally plausible possibilities]

Why are you feeding the troll?

Robert Gamble

Exactly. They can keep the hook and the line, but I'd like to have that
sinker back. That was a good sinker, wasn't it?

Jordan Abel

Jordan said:
Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:

You might want to find a priest that can perform an exorcism on you.
No, on second thought, you probably should get a room-full of priests.

Please, in the future, resist such urges to respond to random spam.

Sorry, but I definely do not take advice from "guys" with hyphenated
last names.

Why are you blaming him for his parents' decision? [among many other
equally plausible possibilities]

I could ask you why you think that is the reason. But I won't.

I said it's a possible reason. What did you tihnk the reason was?

Keith Thompson

Jordan Abel said:
Jordan said:
Christopher Benson-Manica wrote:
You might want to find a priest that can perform an exorcism on you.
No, on second thought, you probably should get a room-full of priests.

Please, in the future, resist such urges to respond to random spam.

Sorry, but I definely do not take advice from "guys" with hyphenated
last names.

Why are you blaming him for his parents' decision? [among many other
equally plausible possibilities]

I could ask you why you think that is the reason. But I won't.

I said it's a possible reason. What did you tihnk the reason was?

Whatever the reason might be, it's hardly topical here. I for one
don't care what problem, if any, someone might have with people with
hyphenated last names.

Spamming, responding to spam, and trolling are all harmful to the
newsgroup, and there's been plenty of all three in this thread. If
anyone feels the need to resolve any non-C issues that might have been
raised, I suggest they should take it to e-mail.

Joe Wright

Gabriel said:
There you go, Mike. You're almost there. Keep going, you'll figure it out.

It would seem that Lear is an idiot. The word Mike Wahler was looking
for is bigot. If you must judge someone (dangerous?), it is properly
only on what they do (behavior). Nothing else is important.

Michael Wojcik

Mr Lear obviously has made some assumption about your
character based soley upon your name. I believe there's
a term that describes people who do that ...

If the archives are to be believed, Mr Lear has not made, shall we
say, an overwhelming number of useful contributions to Usenet (though
at least some of his messages appear to genuine attempts to
participate rather than disrupt). I suspect the appropriate term in
this case is simply "troll". Note in particular the various
transparent attempts to imply that this entire subthread is some
subtle witticism on his part.

This sort of thing was entertaining, for those with the appropriate
inclination, when it was done well in vicious circles like
alt.folklore.urban fifteen years ago. Without those attributes I
fear it loses its charm.

TribalLot

Hi everyone! I didn't mean to disrupt your group. I admit I practiced
bad netiquette by not designating my off-topic post with an "OT" but I
just was very happy and excited about pulling off my outrageous feces
stunt and wanted to share the good news with you.

No hard feelings, OK? I think you're all pretty cool : )