Easy Question

Guest

I have a template for a datagrid that I need to contain a hyperlink and
populate the url string with data from a DB. I have the following code below
which seems to be fine but can't open the design tool from html view because
of a message stating i need to have '' around the data item.

Code:

<asp:TemplateColumn>
<ItemTemplate>
onclick=window.open('Amortize/?N=<%# databinder.eval(Container.dataitem,"N")
%>&I=<%# databinder.eval(Container.dataitem,"I") %>&PV=<%#
databinder.eval(Container.dataitem,"PV")
%>','mywin','left=20,top=20,width=500,height=500,toolbar=1,resizable=0)'>View
Amortization</a>
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:TemplateColumn>

Can you see anything that I need to change?

Guest

Dont see anything obvious...
Just put it in, piece by piece, and view source on it... you'll see the
syntax generated then.

Guest

Thanks Curt - I have done that and have copied code from another project and
it keeps blowing up. If this code is on the page the codebehind code does
not work either which is odd - even after i remove the code the codebehind
code does ont work until i click on each element which i guess reinitiates
the code behind to the objet. Weird...

Guest

I remember encountering this problem, too. (Maybe a year ago..) I think I
came to the conclusion that it was due to the "mixture" of single and double
quotes in the aspx page.