Easy way for user to allow cookies from my IFRAMED web page?

Robert Oschler

I have two sites, both with valid P3P policies that passed the W3C P3P
validator.

On one of the sites, Site A, I have a web page that loads a document from
Site B in an IFRAME. In this context the web page on Site A is the
"originating" document and the web page on Site B is a 3rd-party document
(since it's from a different domain). I thought that having a valid P3P
policy would make IE6 in the default Medim setting, allow cookies from my
IFRAME document from Site B, but apparently it still does not. I am getting
the dreaded "red-eye" and the document from Site B can't read/write cookies
while in the IFRAME.

So it looks like I need to instruct users of my service on how to allow
cookies from Site B. Is there a way with Javascript to make it easy for the
user to do that so that they only have to answer one Yes/No question from
the browser? I dread the thought of having them go through sequence of
steps that you have to go through now (double-click on the "red-eye" in the
status bar, etc., etc.)

Thanks.