easy way to post meeting minutes

Mike Brearley

We, as the webmasters of a non-for-profit organization have recently been
requested to post meeting minutes on our webpage. I'm wondering what's the
easiest (as far as accessability to the people viewing/searching/printing)
way to do this is.

I'd assume a database that stores the text of the meeting minutes as well as
other things like a summary, date, etc...

Is there anything out there I go use to start off with? Obviously we're not
going to be looking for something that costs money, so freeware or just
friendly people freely sharing their code would be great!

We're not looking at password protecting it to view the minutes, but I would
think that a password protected area to upload the latest minutes would be
great. Searching is a major factor, we need end users to be able to search
through the years and years of minutes easily.

Thanks!!!

--
Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar mistakes, they
were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being synchronized or my

Mike Brearley

McKirahan

Mike Brearley said:
[...]

How about just posting the minutes in a PDF file and having a page that
lists all of the available meetings?

Something like:
http://www.olentangy.k12.oh.us/whatsnew/C281824687/E499805141/

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

Mike Brearley said:
We, as the webmasters of a non-for-profit organization have recently been
requested to post meeting minutes on our webpage. I'm wondering what's
the easiest (as far as accessability to the people
viewing/searching/printing) way to do this is.

I'd assume a database that stores the text of the meeting minutes as well
as other things like a summary, date, etc...

Is there anything out there I go use to start off with? Obviously we're
not going to be looking for something that costs money, so freeware or
just friendly people freely sharing their code would be great!

We're not looking at password protecting it to view the minutes, but I
would think that a password protected area to upload the latest minutes
would be great. Searching is a major factor, we need end users to be able
to search through the years and years of minutes easily.

Have a look at Windows SharePoint Services, a free add-on for Windows Server
2003/IIS6. It will do that plus a whole lot more ...
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/sharepoint/default.mspx