easy way to post meeting minutes

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Mike Brearley, Sep 22, 2005.

  1. We, as the webmasters of a non-for-profit organization have recently been
    requested to post meeting minutes on our webpage. I'm wondering what's the
    easiest (as far as accessability to the people viewing/searching/printing)
    way to do this is.

    I'd assume a database that stores the text of the meeting minutes as well as
    other things like a summary, date, etc...

    Is there anything out there I go use to start off with? Obviously we're not
    going to be looking for something that costs money, so freeware or just
    friendly people freely sharing their code would be great!

    We're not looking at password protecting it to view the minutes, but I would
    think that a password protected area to upload the latest minutes would be
    great. Searching is a major factor, we need end users to be able to search
    through the years and years of minutes easily.

    Thanks!!!

    --
    Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar mistakes, they
    were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being synchronized or my

    Mike Brearley

    Mike Brearley, Sep 22, 2005

  2. Mike Brearley

    McKirahan Guest

    "Mike Brearley" <> wrote in message
    > We, as the webmasters of a non-for-profit organization have recently been
    > requested to post meeting minutes on our webpage. I'm wondering what's

    the
    > easiest (as far as accessability to the people viewing/searching/printing)
    > way to do this is.
    >
    > I'd assume a database that stores the text of the meeting minutes as well

    as
    > other things like a summary, date, etc...
    >
    > Is there anything out there I go use to start off with? Obviously we're

    not
    > going to be looking for something that costs money, so freeware or just
    > friendly people freely sharing their code would be great!
    >
    > We're not looking at password protecting it to view the minutes, but I

    would
    > think that a password protected area to upload the latest minutes would be
    > great. Searching is a major factor, we need end users to be able to

    search
    > through the years and years of minutes easily.
    >
    > Thanks!!!
    >
    > --
    > Posted 'as is'. If there are any spelling and/or grammar mistakes, they
    > were a direct result of my fingers and brain not being synchronized or my
    > lack of caffeine.
    >
    > Mike Brearley

    How about just posting the minutes in a PDF file and having a page that
    lists all of the available meetings?

    Something like:
    http://www.olentangy.k12.oh.us/whatsnew/C281824687/E499805141/

    McKirahan, Sep 22, 2005

  3. "McKirahan" <> wrote in message

    > How about just posting the minutes in a PDF file and having a page that
    > lists all of the available meetings?
    >

    > Something like:
    > http://www.olentangy.k12.oh.us/whatsnew/C281824687/E499805141/

    We're really looking for something that is searchable and completely
    viewable on the webpage, no downloading required.

    Mike Brearley, Sep 22, 2005
  4. "Mike Brearley" <> wrote in message
    > We, as the webmasters of a non-for-profit organization have recently been
    > requested to post meeting minutes on our webpage. I'm wondering what's
    > the easiest (as far as accessability to the people
    > viewing/searching/printing) way to do this is.
    >
    > I'd assume a database that stores the text of the meeting minutes as well
    > as other things like a summary, date, etc...
    >
    > Is there anything out there I go use to start off with? Obviously we're
    > not going to be looking for something that costs money, so freeware or
    > just friendly people freely sharing their code would be great!
    >
    > We're not looking at password protecting it to view the minutes, but I
    > would think that a password protected area to upload the latest minutes
    > would be great. Searching is a major factor, we need end users to be able
    > to search through the years and years of minutes easily.

    Have a look at Windows SharePoint Services, a free add-on for Windows Server
    2003/IIS6. It will do that plus a whole lot more ...
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/sharepoint/default.mspx

    --
    Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/