eclipse ide question

Daniel

Hi all,

I have recently tried Eclipse and I am having a text color problem. I have
been able to change my "theme" to a night-time-type of theme (dark
background, colored text). I believe this may have caused an unintended side
effect: when the suggestion popup box appears after typing in an object's
variable name and a "." (dot), the box normally displays the methods/etc
available to that object. However, only the highlighted method in that popup
appears. All the other methods are insivible (text and background same
color). Eclipse has a lot of options and I am not sure where to change the
foreground of the text in this popup.

Thanks in advance!

Andrew Thompson

Hi all,

I have recently tried Eclipse and I am having a text color problem. I have
been able to change my "theme" to a night-time-type of theme (dark
background, colored text). I believe this may have caused an unintended side
effect: when the suggestion popup box appears after typing in an object's
variable name and a "." (dot), the box normally displays the methods/etc
available to that object. However, only the highlighted method in that popup
appears. All the other methods are insivible (text and background same
color). Eclipse has a lot of options and I am not sure where to change the
foreground of the text in this popup.

- There is no question there.
- This is not an 'IDE support' group.
Thanks in advance!

No worries.

Jean-Claude Arbaut

Daniel a écrit :
Hi all,

I have recently tried Eclipse and I am having a text color problem. I
have been able to change my "theme" to a night-time-type of theme (dark
background, colored text). I believe this may have caused an unintended
side effect: when the suggestion popup box appears after typing in an
object's variable name and a "." (dot), the box normally displays the
methods/etc available to that object. However, only the highlighted
method in that popup appears. All the other methods are insivible (text
and background same color). Eclipse has a lot of options and I am not
sure where to change the foreground of the text in this popup.

Thanks in advance!

There are three panels to change colors, all in the preference
page, in the left menu :
General -> Appearance -> Colors and Fonts
Editors -> Text Editors (not a submenu)
Java -> Editor -> Syntax Coloring
'Hope you'll find something here ;-)

dhw4095

Daniel a écrit :

There are three panels to change colors, all in the preference
page, in the left menu :
General -> Appearance -> Colors and Fonts
Editors -> Text Editors (not a submenu)
Java -> Editor -> Syntax Coloring
'Hope you'll find something here ;-)

I found it under Java -> Editor, and it's in the "appearance color
options" area.

Thank you.